I wanted to make a more festive version of chocolate chip cookies for the holidays. Since my mom's thumbprints are what I look forward to most, I decided to combine the two.—Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Biscoff creamy cookie spread or Nutella
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into balls. Dip balls into egg white; roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Fill each with 1 teaspoon cookie spread. If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip & Cookie Butter Thumbprints in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Chocolate Chip & Cookie Butter Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review