- mixture. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks
- form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until
- top springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully
- remove waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form; reserving 1-1/2 cups.
- Spread remaining frosting between layers and over top and sides of
- Spoon reserved frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a
- decorative lattice design on cake top and sides. Garnish with
- strawberries and mint if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.