These special candies are one of my favorite things to make in my kitchen.Donna Rhodes, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in corn syrup and
- cocoa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, 2
- cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. (Mixture will be stiff.)
- Turn out onto a surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar; knead 3-4 minutes longer or
- until stiff. Divide into four pieces and roll each into an 18-in.
- rope. Cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Wrap each candy in cellophane or
- waxed paper. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 58 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.