Chocolate Chews Recipe
These special candies are one of my favorite things to make in my kitchen.—Donna Rhodes, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in corn syrup and cocoa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. (Mixture will be stiff.)
- 2. Turn out onto a surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar; knead 3-4 minutes longer or until stiff. Divide into four pieces and roll each into an 18-in. rope. Cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Wrap each candy in cellophane or waxed paper. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8 dozen.
2 each: 58 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Chews
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC