Chocolate Cherry Truffles Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 11 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Melted dark, milk and white chocolate and pearl dust
- In a small bowl, combine cherries and brandy; cover and let soak for 1 hour or until cherries are softened.
- Place dark chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in extract and soaked cherries with liquid. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls into milk chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls into dark chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and decorate with pearl dust as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Sort By :
"Very tasty and rich. I stored them in the refrigerator and they became my decadent treat with coffee in the evening after dinner. I admit to not sharing their location with the rest of my family..."
"I thought it was excellent and have an order for somebody to make for christmas today"
"never made HomeMade ChocolAtes Before...WayWayWay ToO Rich And Sweet For Me!! Bbbllleeeccchhh"
"Made these yesterday and they turned out very well. I had on hand, some dried cherries AND dried cherries with almonds. I couldn't find cherry extract, so I used almond extract and they were excellent.\"
"Are these sweet enough? Shouldn't there be powdered sugar in the truffle part? Does the dark baking chocolate have any sugar?"