Chocolate Cherry Trifle Recipe
With pineapple, cherries and pudding, this creamy dessert from Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas has lots of layers of flavor. It's inexpensive and impressive, and just right to take to a family or church gathering.
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. Place half of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half each of the pudding, pie filling, pineapple and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18 servings.
1 cup: 221 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Trifle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC