Chocolate Cherry Trifle
With pineapple, cherries and pudding, this creamy dessert from Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas has lots of layers of flavor. It's inexpensive and impressive, and just right to take to a family or church gathering.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let
- stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top
- with half each of the pudding, pie filling, pineapple and whipped
- topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.