Chocolate Cherry Trifle Recipe
With pineapple, cherries and pudding, this creamy dessert from Angela Oelschlaeger of Tonganoxie, Kansas has lots of layers of flavor. It's inexpensive and impressive, and just right to take to a family or church gathering.
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half each of the pudding, pie filling, pineapple and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Trifle in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p51
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Trifle(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Trifle >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >