Chocolate Cherry Torte Recipe
Mom has made this sweet treat for years. Since she knows how much my sister and I like it, she's still happy to serve this torte when we're home for a meal. The chocolate-covered graham cracker crust and fluffy filling are extra-special.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 56 chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, (about 1 pound) crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup crushed cookies for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining cookies and butter; spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping mixes, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- 3. Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 367 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC