Mom has made this sweet treat for years. Since she knows how much my sister and I like it, she's still happy to serve this torte when we're home for a meal. The chocolate-covered graham cracker crust and fluffy filling are extra-special.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 56 chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, (about 1 pound) crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Set aside 1/4 cup crushed cookies for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining cookies and butter; spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping mixes, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Torte in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review