- 56 chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, (about 1 pound) crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Set aside 1/4 cup crushed cookies for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining cookies and butter; spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping mixes, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Torte
Sort By :
"Very good except I don't use dream whip as it contains hydrogenated oils so I made my own whipped topping."
"My family loves the chocolate and cherry combination!"
"Delicious! Take out of refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving so that crust can soften. Otherwise it can stick in the pan."
"You can substitute other pie fillings too and use just plain graham crackers. This is a very nice dessert! Try blueberry or raspberry!"