Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and extract. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 338 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake
"It's hard to believe that such an awesome cake is so easy to make! I whip this up when I want something sweet but am pressed for time."