Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake
A cake mix and canned frosting make it easy to serve this dessert, even on busy weeknights. It has a hint of almond that complements the cherries and nuts.LaJune P. Holton, Sterling, Michigan
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and extract.
- Stir in pie filling. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with
- chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 338 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.