A cake mix and canned frosting make it easy to serve this dessert, even on busy weeknights. It has a hint of almond that complements the cherries and nuts.—LaJune P. Holton, Sterling, Michigan
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and extract. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Cake in Country Woman March/April 2005, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
"It's hard to believe that such an awesome cake is so easy to make! I whip this up when I want something sweet but am pressed for time."