A cake mix and canned frosting make it easy to serve this dessert, even on busy weeknights. It has a hint of almond that complements the cherries and nuts.—LaJune P. Holton, Sterling, Michigan
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and extract. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Cake in Country Woman March/April 2005, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Nut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
"It's hard to believe that such an awesome cake is so easy to make! I whip this up when I want something sweet but am pressed for time."