Chocolate-Cherry Mousse Delight Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. Add enough cold water to cherry juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. In a large bowl, beat cake mix and cherry juice mixture on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until dark golden brown and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around sides of cake and remove from pan.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Holding cherries by the stem, dip in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate until set.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes or until thickened. Whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Slice cake; serve with mousse and dipped cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (one piece with 1/3 cup chocolate mousse and 2 cherries) equals 280 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.