Chocolate Cherry Lincoln Log Recipe
The first time I made this festive cake roll was for Lincoln's birthday…but it's a great dessert for any holiday or special meal. Feel free to change the ice cream flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart cherry ice cream, softened
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture (batter will be thin).
- 2. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 10-13 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- 4. Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Spread with frosting. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece: 251 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Lincoln Log
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC