Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Pie
No one would ever dream that the fancy taste and look of this luscious freezer pie from Kimberly West of Prairieville, Louisiana could come from only five simple ingredients! This makes an unbelievably easy dessert—whether for an elegant dinner party or as a cool, high-energy kids’ treat on a sweltering day.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 bottle (7-1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping
- over crust; gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until
- Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining
- cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries.
- Spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups;
- drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until
- firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 668 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.