No one would ever dream that the fancy taste and look of this luscious freezer pie from Kimberly West of Prairieville, Louisiana could come from only five simple ingredients! This makes an unbelievably easy dessert—whether for an elegant dinner party or as a cool, high-energy kids’ treat on a sweltering day.
- 1 bottle (7-1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping over crust; gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries. Spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Pie in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p33
Reviews for Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review