O say can you see this amazing dessert at your next gathering? I make it ahead of time and keep it in the freezer, wrapped in foil, for a week or so before serving.—Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 15 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups cherry ice cream, softened if necessary
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 cups fudge ripple ice cream, softened if necessary
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 12 fresh sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread cherry ice cream into crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Layer with chopped cookies and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread fudge ripple ice cream over chocolate chips. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving; carefully loosen sides from pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Top with cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review