Chocolate Cherry Heart Recipe
My family enjoys this dessert so much that I make it throughout the year by simply using the pie pastry circles. Packaged products make it a snap to prepare.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. Let pastry stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Unfold pastry and place each circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon flour; turn over. Using a 9-in. paper heart pattern, cut out a heart from each circle. Prick pastries all over with a fork.
- 2. Brush with egg white. Combine almonds and sugar; sprinkle over pastries. Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully slide crusts onto wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract; beat until smooth. Add cream; beat until thickened.
- 4. Place one crust on a serving plate; spread with half of the fudge topping. Carefully spread with half of the cream cheese mixture; top with half of the cherry pie filling. Top with remaining crust, fudge topping and cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining cherry pie filling to within 1 in. of edges. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 754 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 102 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Heart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC