Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Cherries make this fudge unique from others, and festive for the holidays. It's a recipe my husband really enjoys. I've made it for our Homemaker group's Christmas party.
48-60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine milk and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute or until chips are melted and
- mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in almonds, cherries and
- extract. Spread evenly in a greased 8-in. square pan. Cover and
- chill until firm. Cut into squares. Store, covered, in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.