- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Sort By :
Very tasty, very easy to make, very pretty. A winner all the way around!
Fabulous! This recipe IS a keeper. I wil be making again and again. Thank you.
I made these for a Valentine treat. They are very easy and also delicious! I did use my own homemade frosting which is tastier and just as easy. This recipe is a keeper!
I love The way you have your web sight set up. Thanks. It is so easy.