Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Inside each of these cupcakes is a fruity surprise! I start with a convenient cake mix to produce these special treats. —Bertille Cooper, California, Maryland
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on
- low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a
- rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake.
- Set remaining pie filling aside.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool
- Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling.
- Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Garnish with
- chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,