Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 252 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
"What sort of pie filling are people using? Mine didn't have any whole cherries in it, and I don't remember seeing an option like that at the store. It was just a glutinous mass of cherry flavored gel. Cupcakes were tasty, but no cherries for the top."
"so yummy and easy to make . Debbie. Las Vegas."
"Very tasty, very easy to make, very pretty. A winner all the way around!"
"I made these for a Valentine treat. They are very easy and also delicious! I did use my own homemade frosting which is tastier and just as easy. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I love The way you have your web sight set up. Thanks. It is so easy."