Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
"so yummy and easy to make . Debbie. Las Vegas."
"Very tasty, very easy to make, very pretty. A winner all the way around!"
"I made these for a Valentine treat. They are very easy and also delicious! I did use my own homemade frosting which is tastier and just as easy. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I love The way you have your web sight set up. Thanks. It is so easy."