Chocolate Cherry Crepes Recipe
"I like this recipe because it is easy to make," says Irene Menninga of Grand Rapids, Michigan. "I often prepare the crepes and filling in advance, assembling them and adding the topping just before serving."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pie filling and almond extract; cover and refrigerate until chilled. For crepes, place the milk, eggs, butter, almonds and flour in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden brown; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For the filling, in a mixing, beat cream and melted chocolate until soft peaks form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons over each crepe; roll up. Top with cherry mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 433 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC