Chocolate Cherry Crepes Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pie filling and almond extract; cover and refrigerate until chilled. For crepes, place the milk, eggs, butter, almonds and flour in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden brown; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For the filling, in a mixing, beat cream and melted chocolate until soft peaks form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons over each crepe; roll up. Top with cherry mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 433 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Crepes
"Typical German dessert...they always looked so good and sweet and gooey....But I was always disappointed because they were never sweet. When my husband was stationed in Germany many years ago, I was disappointed everytime. They looked so wonderful...and tasted so bad. This sounds like a good recipe IF you add sugar so it will taste as good as it looks."