- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and almond extract; cover and refrigerate until chilled. For crepes, place the milk, eggs, butter, almonds and flour in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden brown; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For the filling, in a mixing, beat cream and melted chocolate until soft peaks form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons over each crepe; roll up. Top with cherry mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Crepes
Sort By :
"Typical German dessert...they always looked so good and sweet and gooey....But I was always disappointed because they were never sweet. When my husband was stationed in Germany many years ago, I was disappointed everytime. They looked so wonderful...and tasted so bad. This sounds like a good recipe IF you add sugar so it will taste as good as it looks."