Chocolate Cherry Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, cherry juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Place a cherry half in each indentation.
- 3. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with milk, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in cherry juice until blended. Spoon about 1 teaspoon over each cherry (frosting will spread over cookies during baking). Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 167 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cookies
"Reminds me of a recipe my mom made when I was little. I cut up the cherries and mixed in with batter. Very good!!"
"Best cookie recipe on the planet!"