Chocolate-Cherry Coffee Mix Recipe
Cute ice cream cone shaped packages of this flavored coffee mix are sure to delight friends and family. “I wanted something that both coffee and non-coffee drinks would enjoy, so I added cherry flavoring to a mocha mix,” explains Jennifer Waters of Lubbock, Texas. “The creamy dessert coffee is a perfect end to a meal.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/3 cups instant coffee granules
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 envelope (.13 ounce) unsweetened cherry soft drink mix
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 6 teaspoons holiday sprinkles, divided
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1. In an airtight container, combine the first six ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 cups.
- 2. To prepare gift: Place 1 cup mix in a 12-in. disposable decorating bag. Fold corners of bag into the center and roll bag down; secure with transparent tape. Place bag in a second disposable decorating bag. Top with 1 cup marshmallows and 1 teaspoon sprinkles. Gather and twist the top of the bag. Attach ribbon and gift tag. Repeat to make five more gift bags. Yield: 6 gift bags (1 cup/8 servings per bag).
- 3. To prepare coffee: In a mug, dissolve 2 heaping tablespoons mix in hot milk; stir well. Top with marshmallows and sprinkles. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 131 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC