Chocolate-Cherry Coffee Mix Recipe
Cute ice cream cone shaped packages of this flavored coffee mix are sure to delight friends and family. “I wanted something that both coffee and non-coffee drinks would enjoy, so I added cherry flavoring to a mocha mix,” explains Jennifer Waters of Lubbock, Texas. “The creamy dessert coffee is a perfect end to a meal.”
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/3 cups instant coffee granules
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 envelope (.13 ounce) unsweetened cherry soft drink mix
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 6 teaspoons holiday sprinkles, divided
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 1 cup hot milk
- In an airtight container, combine the first six ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 cups.
- To prepare gift: Place 1 cup mix in a 12-in. disposable decorating bag. Fold corners of bag into the center and roll bag down; secure with transparent tape. Place bag in a second disposable decorating bag. Top with 1 cup marshmallows and 1 teaspoon sprinkles. Gather and twist the top of the bag. Attach ribbon and gift tag. Repeat to make five more gift bags. Yield: 6 gift bags (1 cup/8 servings per bag).
- To prepare coffee: In a mug, dissolve 2 heaping tablespoons mix in hot milk; stir well. Top with marshmallows and sprinkles. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cherry Coffee Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p25
Reviews for Chocolate-Cherry Coffee Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2012
"This is such a great mix. I fixed it for our Christmas get-together. My sister and I almost drank all of it and no-one else got very much. I plan to make more when I have another party."