Chocolate Cherry Cobbler
"This is my 'dessert version' of chocolate-covered cherries," says Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon. "Our family loves it, and the preparation's quick using a boxed cake mix."
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pitted dark sweet cherries, well drained
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place the cherries in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a
- large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg and oil; beat on low
- speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Spread over
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm with ice cream.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.