Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cake
"We love this! So easy too. I used a can of ready made frosting to make it even quicker."