Chocolate Cherry Cake
This is a very quick and easy cake to make. It is fancy enough to serve to guests.Lois Valley, Morgan Hill, California
15-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and
- butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake.
- Frosting will harden as it cools. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.