- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cake
Sort By :
"We love this! So easy too. I used a can of ready made frosting to make it even quicker."
"My husband loves this cake! He is a big fan of chocolate and cherries. This cake is easy to make and tastes great."
"This cake is so EASY and DELICIOUS. My friends love it. A friend even baked it in a bundt pan. Occasionally I add a little Cool Whip to top it off."
"This was so easy and delicious! Instead of making the frosting I used a can of chocolate frosting whichI"