- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries, thawed, chopped and drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Additional fresh sweet cherries, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; coat the paper with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar; beat 2 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine whipped topping and chocolate syrup; fold in cherries. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter.
- For frosting, combine whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Frost cake; garnish with cherries if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cake Roll
Sort By :
"Could I use Maraschino cherries versus the fresh cherries? I didn't give it 5 stars cause I haven't tried it yet."
"Haven't made this yet sounds delicious! I have a question for mrsgt,did you just add dry pudding mix in whipped topping?"
"Because of the whipped topping, I would not freeze this."
"As a diabetic, I always substitute Splenda for the sugar called for in the desert; sometimes Splenda Blend and sometimes just Splenda Granulated. I never notice a difference and my guests have never said anything to the contrary. Most people like to cut calories; diabetic or not."
"This a wonderful dessert. We took this too a family potluck night and it was devoured fast!"