- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cake
Sort By :
"My husband loves this cake! He is a big fan of chocolate and cherries. This cake is easy to make and tastes great."
"Fabulous!! made into cupcakes, AWESOME"
"This cake is so EASY and DELICIOUS. My friends love it. A friend even baked it in a bundt pan. Occasionally I add a little Cool Whip to top it off."
"This was so easy and delicious! Instead of making the frosting I used a can of chocolate frosting whichI"