Try this bite-sized chocolaty treat that’s rich, creamy and guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. —Sharon Valenta, Westchester, Illinois
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers or gingersnap cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Place wafers flat side down in paper-lined miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; mix well. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or just until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Top cheesecakes with whipped cream mixture; garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cheesecakes in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p60
Reviews for Chocolate Cheesecakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review