Chocolate Cheesecakes Recipe
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers or gingersnap cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Place wafers flat side down in paper-lined miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; mix well. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or just until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Top cheesecakes with whipped cream mixture; garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cheesecake (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 65 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.