Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
I made two of these cheesecakes for two different events. They were both hits and both were made completely gluten-free! Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. The first one I topped with fresh raspberries, the second with fresh strawberries. Both delicious! I do not, however recommend leaving the fruit on any leftovers as it will completely change the taste of the cheesecake. I used crushed Trader Joe's Chocolate Gluten-Free Joe Joe's for the crust. I think the recipe is perfect! This is definitely a cheesecake for chocolate lovers!
Pretty heavy/dense and WAY TOO SWEET. Would not recommend. Maybe cutting the choco chips in half and adding more eggs(??) but I have not tried it that way.
Excellent recipe and so very easy! It is not as tall as some cheesecakes, and at first I was thinking I would double the recipe next time, but it is so rich I'm not sure anyone could eat a whole piece if it were twice as high! I made a simple chocolate ganache to top it and it was outstanding!
I absolutely love this cheesecake, so rich and delicious. When I make it, instead of the chocolate wafer bottom, I make a combination of regular Graham cracker and homemade chocolate shortbread cookie. It comes out perfect and delicious. Also sometimes cheesecakes crack. If you put the cheesecake in a hot water bath or put a oven proof glass dish filled with water the steam should help issues with cracking.
Very nice recipe, great taste and easy to do. I put a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the mould, also instead of a graham cracker crust I used chocolate cookies. Also I put rapsberry jam in the middle of the cake. I served the chocolate cheese cake with a rapsberry coulis which help to cut the sweetnest of the cake. It was great.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >