Everyone's a chocolate lover when it comes to this special dessert. "It melts in your mouth!" and "Very smooth and fudgy!" are typical comments I've heard after guests take a bite. For a fun taste twist, spoon cherry or strawberry topping over each slice.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth.
- Add eggs beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted
- chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around
- edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired.