- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I used a pre-made oreo pie crust and it worked perfectly and it was yummmmmyyyyy. I ate the whole cheesecake myself in one sitting O:)"
"Can I use Oreo as the crust or will is taste weird ?"
"It came fantastic, A couple tips.1) if you can afford to use good quality chocolate chips rather than store brand definitely do so. It makes a world of difference.2) If you are using a electric oven it doesn't need the full 40 minutes(one of the times I made the cake the edges burned)"
"Made this recipes many times, and people always rave about what a great chocolate cheesecake it is! However, it's not your typical "cakey" cheesecake, so if that's what you're trying for look elsewhere. Though you'll be missing out if you do because it's great."
"I made this recipe for the chocolate recipe ingredient challenge this week! I DID make adjustments to this recipe by using 1-1/2 cups crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate-chip cookie dough filling. I used 1/4 cup each of granulated sugar and melted butter for the crust. For the filling, I'd melted the 12-oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips in my double boiler over boiling water and I'd added up to 4 Tbsp. HOT water to the chocolate chips for a smooth texture. I stirred the chocolate until mixture was spreadable. I'd kept the eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, vanilla the same! I wrapped the springform pan in heavy-duty aluminum foil as other TOH recipes for cheesecake had suggested so that the pan wouldn't leak and baked the cheesecake on a large baking sheet for 40 minutes. The 40 minute time for baking worked well for me! I cooled the cheesecake 10 minutes, then ran a knife/icing spreader around the edge of cheesecake; cooled on wire rack 1 additional hour before refrigerating.This is a really great recipe and so SIMPLE! I left the cheesecake UNGARNISHED! THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE! delowenstein"