Chocolate Cheesecake Phyllo Tartlets Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #32 star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture; pipe into tart shells. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tartlet (calculated without optional garnish) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.