Chocolate Cheesecake Phyllo Tartlets
A crisp phyllo shell holds a mousse-like filling in this festive treat. The bite-size portion is perfect for parties.—Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, melted chocolate and
- vanilla until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #32
- star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture; pipe into
- tart shells. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet (calculated without optional garnish) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.