Mark and I were married in a casual outdoor ceremony. Our "wedding cake" consisted of 30 delicious cheesecakes, including this easy but special one.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 48 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Divide in half and press onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 9-in. pie plates. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in vanilla. Remove 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture to a small bowl; fold in melted chocolate. Divide remaining cream cheese mixture between pie crusts.
- To make the chain of hearts on each pie, drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate filling, forming 8 drops equally spaced around outside edges and 4 drops in center. Starting in the center of one outer drop, run a knife through the center of each to connect the drops and form a circle of hearts. Repeat with center drops.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Originally published as Chocolate Cheese Pie in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p42
Reviews for Chocolate Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review