Chocolate Cheese Pie Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 48 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Divide in half and press onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 9-in. pie plates. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in vanilla. Remove 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture to a small bowl; fold in melted chocolate. Divide remaining cream cheese mixture between pie crusts.
- 3. To make the chain of hearts on each pie, drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate filling, forming 8 drops equally spaced around outside edges and 4 drops in center. Starting in the center of one outer drop, run a knife through the center of each to connect the drops and form a circle of hearts. Repeat with center drops.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
1 piece: 313 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Cheese Pie
"Great recipe! Pretty, and yummy! It tells you to take out too much of the cheese mixture to make into chocolate: take out only 1 cup, or else you'll have extra chocolate, that if you use, will ruin the design."