Chocolate Challah French Toast Recipe
We serve up a decadent breakfast of French toast from the kitchen of our family-run bed-and-breakfast. —Marie Parker, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 4 slices challah or egg bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional toppings: confectioners' sugar, fresh raspberries, sliced fresh strawberries, sliced ripe banana and maple syrup
- 1. Arrange bread slices in a 13x9-in. dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla. Gradually whisk into dry ingredients until smooth. Pour over bread. Let stand 10 minutes, turning once.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook bread for 3-4 minutes each side or until toasted. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
2 slices (calculated without optional toppings): 769 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 449mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 109g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Challah French Toast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC