- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup sugar mixture to a shallow dish.
- Add butter to remaining sugar mixture; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking cocoa, cream of tartar, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in reserved sugar mixture; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"OMG, I love these cookies! Doesn't hurt that I am a chocoholic and also love cinnamon and cardamom. I did find that it was best to leave them on the pan a couple of minutes before trying to remove them. Also, I had a lot of sugar mixture left at the end, even though I made exactly 36 cookies. Anyone have any ideas of what to do with the leftover mixture?"
"Loved these cookies!!!! The cardamom is so great. Just one & you are hooked."
"delicious! Everyone at my work loved these! I changed the recipe a little. I just couldn't pay the $12 for cardamom so I cut open a K-cup of chai latte and added some of that instead."
"These are fabulous! The dough was really sticky so I added 1/4 cup extra flour and refrigerated the dough for an hour or so. I also discovered I was out of ground ginger so I substituted 2 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, ginger and allspice and they are delicious!!"
"This is an excellent cookie. I followed the recipe almost exactly but substituted half cinnamon and half nutmeg for the cardamom. Absolutely delicious and will make again."