This bread is irresistible! A friend gets mad when I make it because I give her a loaf and she can't help but eat the whole thing! —Lisa Christensen, Poplar Grove, Illinois
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chai tea latte mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chai tea latte mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In a microwave, melt chocolate with the water; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, then chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, latte mix, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, latte mix, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost tops of loaves. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p46
Reviews for Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review