Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves Recipe
This bread is irresistible! A friend gets mad when I make it because I give her a loaf and she can't help but eat the whole thing! —Lisa Christensen, Poplar Grove, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chai tea latte mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chai tea latte mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate with the water; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, then chocolate mixture.
- 2. Combine the flour, latte mix, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 3. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, latte mix, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost tops of loaves. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC