- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chai tea latte mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chai tea latte mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In a microwave, melt chocolate with the water; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, then chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, latte mix, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, latte mix, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost tops of loaves. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves
Sort By :
"Made three excellent mini loaves. Frosting is amazing. Have to make sure the latte mix dissolves fully in the frosting or it can be gritty. I used Oregon Chai Tea Latte mix which came in individual servings and one packet was perfect for one batch."
"I make one regular loaf. My family loved it.I found the chai tea at our local market, but it was alot cheaper at Trader Joes ($2.99 in So. Ca.). I will use the frosting on many more cakes, cupcakes etc. It was wonderful!"
"If you have trouble finding the chai tea latte mix, you could make the mix yourself with the Spiced Chai Mix recipe from Taste of Home. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Spiced-Chai-MixTaste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Very Delicious. I also thought it was more cake-like than bread so I made 24 cupcakes instead. I suggest doubling the frosting recipe if you do cupcakes. They turned out great and were a hit at work. I will be making these again for sure."