Chocolate Chai Frappes
Mix chocolate milk with chai tea and get a glass of pure comfort. There’s no more delicious way to cool off on a hot afternoon…or anytime.Heidi Blanken, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 individual chai tea bags
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups 2% chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 4 dashes ground cinnamon
- 4 dashes ground nutmeg
- Place tea bags in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 15
- minutes or until lukewarm.
- Discard tea bags. Pour tea into a blender; add the milk and ice.
- Cover and process for 30 seconds or until slushy. Pour into chilled
- glasses. Sprinkle with dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg; serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 96 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 reduced-fat milk.