Chocolate Cereal Bars
"A little bit of chocolate and cocoa goes a long way to give Rice Krispies treats a scrumptious new twist," says Gretchen Hickman of Galva, Illinois. "I especially like these bars because they are crisp, not sticky. They disappear in a flash whenever I serve them."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; stir
- until smooth. Stir in the marshmallow creme and cocoa; cook and stir
- until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cereal. Pat
- into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cool before
- cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 69 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.