"A little bit of chocolate and cocoa goes a long way to give Rice Krispies treats a scrumptious new twist," says Gretchen Hickman of Galva, Illinois. "I especially like these bars because they are crisp, not sticky. They disappear in a flash whenever I serve them."
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallow creme and cocoa; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cereal. Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cereal Bars in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review