Chocolate Cayenne Souffles
This rich, chocolately souffle has a surprise ending...a little kick of heat from the cayenne pepper. It's very yummy. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- Separate egg; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat two
- 6-oz. ramekins with 1 teaspoon butter and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons
- sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar and the flour until smooth. Gradually
- whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir
- 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Whisk in the chocolate,
- cayenne and salt until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the
- bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg white on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high