Chocolate Caramels Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1. Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup and chocolate to a boil over medium heat; stir until smooth. Add 1/2 cup cream; cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Add another 1/2 cup cream; return mixture to 234° (soft-ball stage). Add the remaining cream; cook to 248° (firm-ball stage).
- 3. Immediately pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm, about 5 hours or overnight. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares using a buttered knife. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 caramel: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Caramels
"Not sure what happened but I followed the recipe to a tea and they were hard as a rock. they have good flavor they are just to hard to eat."