Chocolate Caramel Wafers
To keep my holiday cooking quick, I've come to rely on fast recipes like this one. The crunchy-chewy tidbits are our youngster's favorite.
42 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 8 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into squares
- Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spread over vanilla wafers; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Top each with a chocolate square. Place in a 225° oven for 1-2
- minutes or until chocolate is melted. Spread with an icing knife.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 79 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.