- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 8 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into squares
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over vanilla wafers; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Top each with a chocolate square. Place in a 225° oven for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Spread with an icing knife. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Wafers
"Thanks for the suggestion with using a rolo's that works very good, in the oven for 2 minutes 225 temp quick and easy, love it"
"I will try melting a caramel on top in the oven and then melt a dark chocolate kiss that would eliminate the mess."
"I made my own vanilla wafers & used dark chocolate & almonds instead just because Thats what I like. Pretty good recipe, Thank you for sharing."
"I love the taste, but they are very gooey to make. I am wondering if I just cut a caramel in have and placed in on the wafer, then melt it in the oven to soften it, then add the chocolate on top of that. Just a thought."