- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 8 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into squares
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over vanilla wafers; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Top each with a chocolate square. Place in a 225° oven for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Spread with an icing knife. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Wafers
Sort By :
"I will try melting a caramel on top in the oven and then melt a dark chocolate kiss that would eliminate the mess."
"I made my own vanilla wafers & used dark chocolate & almonds instead just because Thats what I like. Pretty good recipe, Thank you for sharing."
"I have not tried these but read the comments. What about using rolo's instead of the carmel and chocolate mess. Put them in the oven on top of the cookie and then after 5 minutes take out and press down with a pecan half. We do this with pretzel circles. just a thought. I am going to try it."
"Sounds great. Looks amazing in the picture. Does taste good too.Not such a quick recipe. VERY messy. I have chocolate every where! My baking sheets, the spatula, counter from transferring off the sheets.3 stars for taste but that's it."
"I love the taste, but they are very gooey to make. I am wondering if I just cut a caramel in have and placed in on the wafer, then melt it in the oven to soften it, then add the chocolate on top of that. Just a thought."